Taylor’s University is a private university in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. It was founded in 1969 as a college, was awarded University College status in 2006, and upgraded to University status in 2010.
The flagship Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus in Subang Jaya provides students with a luxurious, state-of-the-art environment in which to learn. Facilities include airy lecture halls, computer, engineering and science labs, design studios, practical kitchens and training restaurants, a student centre and a spectacular glass-walled 1000-seat library.
Situated around a panoramic 5.5-acre lake and occupying 27 acres of tropical greenery, the new Lakeside Campus houses all of Taylor’s tertiary programmes which include a myriad of foundation, diploma, degree, postgraduate and professional programmes that adhere to the highest quality of education. Students can choose to enrol in courses encompassing fields such as Architecture, Computer Science, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Biosciences, Law, Business, Communications, Design as well as Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts, Medicine and Pharmacy.
Centre of Excellence for Pre-University Studies
Having carved a name for itself as one of the largest pre-university centres in the world, Taylor’s College is a well-known pioneer and leading centre of Pre-University studies with the following recognitions:
- The first South Australian Matriculation programme in Malaysia, and today the largest South Australian Matriculation centre in the world.
- The biggest independent centre for Cambridge A Levels in the world, the largest in Malaysia and the first to be awarded the Cambridge International Fellowship Centre status (only 3 such centres in Malaysia).
- Pioneer of the Canadian Pre-University programme in Malaysia (1983).
- In 2009, Taylor’s College introduced the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and is one of 11 IB World Schools in Malaysia.
Taylor’s stands apart by delivering an education that is a notch above in quality. Industry-relevant curricula are widely adapted across all courses in close partnership with relevant industries. Taylor’s insistence on preparing its graduates for the global marketplace with its emphasis on an education that is balanced in theory and practical aspects provides an added edge to the students. This is evidenced by the high employability of its graduates, with many securing jobs even before they have completed their final examinations.
- It offers a wide range of academic programmes and study options to meet the varied skills and requirements of students.
- Avant-garde teaching and learning facilities.
- Offers a supportive environment to study and enjoy a fulfilling social experience.
- Welcomes international students from different cultures and offers a valuable student life experience to enrich their time at Taylor’s.
- Offers English language support and other welfare facilities to help international students gain a foothold in this university.
Achievements & Awards
- Taylor’s was upgraded to University status in September 2010, the most significant milestone in Taylor’s history so far.
- Taylor’s was voted as the “Most Popular” Private College/University in Malaysia for a consecutive two years in 2008 and 2009, out of more than 100 other institutions.
- Taylor’s won the Gold award in the prestigious Putra Brand Awards in the Education & Learning Category for two consecutive years in 2010 and 2011. The Putra Brand Award, dubbed as The People’s Choice, measures brands by consumer preference through consumer research.
- The University launched PhD Fellowships for outstanding scholars in the fields of Engineering, Science and Hospitality & Tourism.
- Taylor’s was rated as ‘Tier 5: Excellent’ by the Ministry of Higher Education in the 2009 Malaysian Qualifications Agency Rating System for Malaysian Higher Education Institutions (SETARA ’09), which measures the quality of teaching and learning at the undergraduate level in universities and university colleges in Malaysia.
- Taylor’s was honoured with the Brand Excellence Award at the Industry Excellence Awards in 2008. This is a prestigious award by the Ministry of International Trade & Industry Malaysia (MITI) in recognition of industry excellence for the recipients.
- Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts won two major awards for its excellence in hospitality & tourism education and commitment to grooming professionals for the industry – Hospitality Asia Platinum Award (HAPA) for Hospitality School of the Year2007/2008 and Honorary Award for Hospitality Education Excellence 2010-2012, and the Gold Award Winner 2008 in Education and Training Category by Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA).