Malaysia Colleges, University, Private University Colleges

Study Medicine Engineering Dentistry Mining

  Home  |  Colleges  |  Universities  |  Undergraduate  |  Postgraduate  |  Scholarships  |  Study Abroad  |  Skills Training Guide  |  Career Guide
Malaysia College and University
Malaysia Degree, Diploma, Certificate, Masters, English Course

Entry Requirements to UK Universities

Colleges in Malaysia - Diploma in Business, Engineering, IT, Aircraft, Nursing, Hotel Management


Minimum entry requirements are set for each course as a guide to the level of education required and help the universities and colleges choose students that are likely to be successful.

Entry requirements vary between different institutions, though since entry requirements are in terms of UK exams, the decision to offer you a place on a course is entirely up to the individual university or college.

It is likely the university or college will base their decision upon your overall suitability for the course, rather than just whether you meet the minimum entry requirements.

You can find out the entry requirements for the course(s) you are considering applying for by looking at the university or college website.

One of the first things you should do is check that the qualifications you have and/or are currently taking are recognised in the UK and would be considered by universities and colleges as legitimate for entry into higher education.

If you require a visa to study in the UK, universities and colleges have to see the relevant qualifications required for entry to the course before you can proceed with your visa application. This means you will have to be prepared to send them anything they request. They will let you know whether you have to send original documents or certified photocopies.

UK NARIC is the UK's national agency responsible for providing qualification information to individuals from outside of the UK who would like to come to the UK to work, study or train. They can provide you with a statement about the comparative level of your qualification to the UK's qualification frameworks. This statement is recognised by universities, colleges and employers throughout the UK.

If you are in the process of gaining qualifications and the experience that you need for your chosen course, universities and colleges may give you a 'conditional offer'. If this type of offer is made, it will clearly tell you on the UCAS Track tool the conditions you must meet and by when.

English language proficiency

Universities and colleges will tell you what standard of written and spoken English you require to understand and take part in lectures, seminars, tutorials and exams.

However if English is not your first language, most universities and colleges will want you to have a qualification in English, or to take a specified test in English - for example CAE, CPE, TOEFL and IELTS. UCAS have a comprehensive list of all the English language proficiency tests that universities and colleges in the UK may accept.

You need to check which qualifications are acceptable before you apply.

The admissions office or international office at each university will be able to tell you this.



Back to studying in the UK



  International Students   Students Corner   Study Abroad   About StudyAdvisor    
Studying in Malaysia  
Cost of Living  
Entering Malaysia  
National Education Spotlight  
School Holidays  
Student Placement Agency  
Studying in UK  
Studying in Australia  
Study Medicine  
About us  
Advertise with us  
Press Release  
Terms of Use  
All Rights Reserved